Monday, September 15, 2008

9-15-08 My Little Man's Birthday. Where has time gone?



To Grayson:

Today is such a big day. I can hardly believe that my sweet little boy is already 1 year old. I have to say, I am sort of having a hard time with this. It has been unbelievable to me how quickly this past year has gone. I know that people use to tell me how quickly their children have grown up, but I really don't think that you understand that until it is happening right before your eyes.

Being a parent has brought such endless joy to me. I keep thinking back to how I was feeling a year ago before you came into this world. I really didn't know if I had it in me to be a parent. Now I don't know what I did with my life before I was a parent. I remember sitting in the hospital looking at you in awe that I finally knew who you were. Before you were born, your Daddy and I used to say "who do you think is in there?" We would laugh. Now we just look at you with gleaming eyes and say "that is who was in there."

Your Daddy and I have watched you do so many things this year. You went from being so helpless lying in your crib to walking up to us and holding your arms out for us to pick you up. You absolutely made my heart melt the first time you smiled and made me cry the first time you fell down and hurt yourself. If I could protect you from all of the heartaches that life brings, I would. Since I know that I can't, I promise you that I will always be there to guide you through them the best that I know how. You are such a special, special little boy. I love you with all of my heart. Happy Birthday to Mommy's sweet love.

No comments: